Take a minute to respond to the following 7 items in order to determine your current confidence quotient. As you read each item, determine the degree to which it describes how you think or feel or behave, then circle the appropriate number.
this inventory can be the first step toward becoming a more confident
2. I spend my time on who and what is important to me.
3. My life is well-balanced between work and play.
4. I focus on the positive aspects of my life and deal with the negative
5. Aside from an occasional "Bad Hair Day," I am comfortable with how I look.
6. I can identify my feelings and use them as a way of determining what is going on in my life.
7. I take the time to care for myself.
Now that you have completed the inventory, add up the scores you have circled for each of the twenty questions.
Since the highest score you can give yourself on each question is 10, the highest possible score for the entire test would be 70. (This means that you would have circled 10 on all seven questions.) Since the lowest score for each question is 1, the lowest possible score for the test would be 7. (This means that you would have circled 1 on all seven questions.)
The following table will help you to evaluate your confidence level as of right now.
Your Confidence Score
Please do not despair if your score is not in the Highly Confident or Mostly Confident range. Most women who take this inventory score at or below the Somewhat Confident range.If you want to take an in-depth, more comprehensive quiz, please open your book to page 12.