1. Do you
consider yourself to be a confident woman? In what ways? In what areas
do you lack confidence?
2. When you were growing up, what were the messages you received from
your parents, teachers and other adults about what was appropriate for
girls and women to do? Do you think these messages have changed today?
3. Do you ever worry about how you look? In what ways? Do you think you
are influenced by media images of women?
4. Do you agree with the notion that "women have to be sick in order to
take care of themselves?" Why or why not?
5. Do you know any confident women? Who are they? What do they do that
let's you know that they are confident?
6. What could you do if you had unlimited confidence? What would you do
if you weren't afraid?
7. Do you think men have difficulty with confidence issues? How? How are
their confidence issues different than women's?
8. If you had all the time and money in the world, what would you do to
take care of yourself physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually,
9. Of all the things you mentioned from the last question, what can you
do right now?
10. How do you think we can raise (and/or teach) our daughters to have
more confidence? What about our sons?
11. What do you think schools could do to raise the confidence of girls?
12. Using the definition from this book, who is the most confident woman